Friday, January 12, 2024

A question of my home town

 June 30, 2022

Eish! Been thinking of the concept of My Home Town (MHT). And after scratching my cranium to the bone, I realise I have none. So. I will just do a 'picki picki na picki doli'.

1. Choma - place of birth;

2. Nkana-Kitwe - place of introduction to 'banyamazai', entry into first grade, and on second round of residence first job at Stanchart and entry into college;

3. Kalulushi - place where the old man deforested the trees he had planted as he was transferred just after nine months residence, and where my elder brother nearly shot dead a cousin (he decided to play cowboy after cleaning the old man's rifle and there was one in the chamber);

4. Chipata - place where mum slept her last, and where we rocked the stadium 1974 Independence Day playing 'Aga le I will do the shengling' on our makeshift band instruments;

5. Livingstone - place of last primary schooling, start of Form 1, and where on second round of residence old man retired;

6. Chililabombwe - place of exiting Form 5; and,

7. Lusaka - place of transitory adult behaviours (a term of teaching at David Kaunda, a couple of months at Town and Country Planning Department, but got glued to academic tenure until retirement at 52 years old).

Hectic, ne.

Ora pro nobis.

No comments:

Post a Comment